On Monday, May 21, from 11am - 7pm, join us at Macaulay Honors College for a
workshop on using the Science Forward Open Educational Resource (OER) in
your classroom. The Science Forward OER is a modular resource featuring
materials to help promote scientific thinking in your courses. At Macaulay,
the Science Forward OER is used as part of the interdisciplinary,
skills-focused curriculum for our required science course. The OER consists
of a video library and suggested activities and readings for each video.
Since our OER is focused on scientific thinking in general, it can be used
in multiple classroom settings and at a variety of levels. At this workshop,
you will learn about using the OER in your class to promote active learning,
develop a lesson using the OER, discuss how to use student-collected data
for student research projects, and make plans for integrating a part of the
OER into your course's syllabus. Dinner will be served!

Space is very limited! RSVP here:
https://macaulay.cuny.edu/eportfolios/scienceforward/oerworkshop/

We look forward to seeing you!