Software to detect patterns of markings on leaves

Dear Colleagues:

A colleague of mine and I have taken numerous images of damage in fossil
leaves. In this particular project, the damage of interest consists of
repeated (side by side, discrete) markings on the fossils presumably caused
by insects. Although by eyeball clusters of markings are obvious, in some
other cases, such clusters of markings are not obvious.

Could someone recommend easy-to-use software that may detect patterns where
my eye has failed? Is this something that ImageJ could do?

If you have constructive suggestions, please email me directly:
blayjo...@gmail.com

Apologies for potential duplicate emails.

Sincerely,

Jorge

Jorge A. Santiago-Blay, PhD
blaypublishers.com

1. Positive experiences for authors of papers published in *LEB*
http://blaypublishers.com/testimonials/

2. Free examples of papers published in *LEB*:
http://blaypublishers.com/category/previous-issues/.

3. *Guidelines for Authors* and page charges of *LEB*:
http://blaypublishers.com/archives/ *.*