I am seeking an independent contractor to lead writing a paper about IPM in
cucumber production in Cambodia.  All data are collected but need to be
summarized, analyzed (simple ANOVA analyses), and drafted into a manuscript
that is invited to be published this year in a special issue devoted to IPM
in SE Asia in the journal Crop Protection.  The person hired will be first
author on the paper given successful completion of an acceptable manuscript
draft.  Payment will be billed based on the completion of distinct writing
milestones including: 1) data analyses, 2) figure and table production, 2)
introduction, 3) materials & methods and results 4) discussion, and 5)
completion of the project.  As the PI, I will be responsible for orienting
the writer to the existing datasets, providing a vision for the paper that
includes direction about the types of analyses, figures, and major
discussion points, and setting the timeline.  A draft of the paper must be
completed this summer and work can begin ASAP.

Required qualifications: Experience with academic publishing, experience
with basic statistical analyses such as ANOVA, attention to detail and
ability to meet stringent deadlines

Preferred qualifications: Ph.D., Background in entomology or IPM, and
interest in development work

If you are interested, please contact Megan O’Rourke at megor...@vt.edu