Hi all,

I'm in the market for a CHN elemental analyzer.  I learned on an old Carlo
Erba, but it appears that there are a whole host of new options out there.  I
am wondering if there are any recommendations for use with soils, plant
materials, and filters.  I'm looking at the ThermoFisher FlashSmart NCS, but
there is also the Costech ECS 4010, and I believe there are a few others.  My
primary interest is basic %C and %N measurements, and that's the main priority.

I figured I'd ask the listserv if there was any feedback about those two
machines.  I'm still formulating plans, so I have some flexibility, and if
there are any surprise horror stories (or good stories) associated with either
for environmental science/ecology work, I'd love to chat about it.

Brian Buma, Ph.D.

Assistant Professor

Integrative Biology

CU Denver