Dear Colleagues:

We would like to invite you to submit an abstract to our 2018 AGU session
focused on water resources and sustainability:

Session ID: H041

Session Description:   Watersheds, as the fundamental unit of water management,
comprise both terrestrial (e.g. grassland, forests, urban, and cropland) and
aquatic (e.g. streams, wetlands, and lakes) ecosystems wherein water quantity
and quality is influenced by both land management (e.g. land use change and
conservation) and riverine interventions (e.g. diversion and impounding). This
session seeks novel contributions that couple terrestrial and aquatic processes
to advance fundamental knowledge, analytic tools, and assessment methods,
thereby supporting science informed decision/policy making in watersheds with
varying natural and socio-economic conditions. Topics covered in this session
will focus on advances in characterization of processes and parameters
regulating terrestrial-aquatic connectivity at the watershed scale, and
applications of watershed models to understand sustainable pathways for
achieving human needs (e.g. drinking water, food and energy), while minimizing
negative impacts on water resources (e.g. groundwater depletion, aquatic
ecosystem degradation, greenhouse gas emissions, and loss of recreational value
and biodiversity).

Session Link: https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm18/prelim.cgi/Session/54278

Organized by:

Xuesong Zhang (PNNL)

Jaehak Jeong (Texas A&M)
Gregory W. McCarty (USDA-ARS)
Ryan T Bailey (Colorado State University)
Qichun Yang (PNNL)