Dear Colleagues,

We would like to draw your attention to our AGU session *GC048: Forest
carbon and water dynamics under global environmental change: patterns,
drivers and mechanisms*

https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm18/prelim.cgi/Session/51631

We welcome submissions on forest vegetation and soil microbial dynamics,
and their impact on energy and carbon/water fluxes and climate, including
observational, experimental and modeling approaches, and studies from local
to global scale.

The invited speakers are Sonia Seneviratne from ETH Zurich and Markus
Reichstein from Max-Planck-Institute for Biogeochemistry.

The deadline for all submissions is *Wednesday, 1 August 23:59 EDT. *

Please see session details below. We look forward to receiving
your abstract and seeing you in in Washington, D.C.

Thanks!

*Session Title*: Forest carbon and water dynamics under global
environmental change: patterns, drivers and mechanisms

*Session Description*: Forests play a major role in global carbon and water
cycling, and land-atmosphere interactions. Global environmental change such
as CO2 fertilization, drought, warming, precipitation variability, and
disturbances can have a large influence on forest vegetation and soils and
thus on energy and carbon and water fluxes across spatial and temporal
scales. As global change is expected to accelerate in the future,
vegetation is likely to be affected by large-scale tree mortality, shifts
in species composition and changes in forest cover. Changes in soil
chemistry and metabolic activity will influence microbial community
composition with a likely strong feedback on forest vegetation. This
session focuses on novel insights on patterns, drivers and mechanisms
governing forest carbon and water dynamics. We welcome submissions on
forest vegetation and soil microbial dynamics, and their impact on energy
and carbon/water fluxes and climate, including observational, experimental
and modeling approaches, and studies from local to global scale.

*Primary Convener:  *

*Kailiang Yu*, ETH Zurich, Switzerland

*Conveners:  *

*Henrik Hartmann*, Max-Planck Institute for Biogeochemistry, Germany

*Anders Ahlström*, Lund University, Sweden

*Zheng Shi*, University of Oklahoma, USA

--
Sincerely,
Kailiang Yu, postdoc