Hello,
I am writing to tell you about an upcoming event that we hope you will be
able to attend.

#InclusiveSciComm: A Symposium on Advancing Inclusive Public Engagement
with Science <http://inclusivescicomm.org/>
September 28-29, 2018
University of Rhode Island
Kingston, RI
inclusivescicomm.org

Hosted by the University of Rhode Island’s Metcalf Institute
<http://metcalfinstitute.org/> in partnership with the Rhode Island
Consortium for Coastal Ecology Assessment Innovation & Modeling
<https://web.uri.edu/rinsfepscor/>(RI C-AIM), the symposium will bring
together professionals and students across a wide range of disciplines to
discuss challenges, opportunities, and strategies for prioritizing
inclusive approaches toward science communication and public engagement
with science.

The planning committee
<https://web.uri.edu/inclusivescicomm/planning-committee/> was inspired by
the critical need for an organized national conversation on making public
engagement with science more inclusive at all levels: practice, training,
education, research, etc. As you will see from the agenda
<https://web.uri.edu/inclusivescicomm/agenda/>, the symposium is designed
to share successful practices and models for engaging diverse public
audiences in ways that acknowledge and respect their perspectives and
contributions. We expect this symposium will yield many new ideas and
collaborations, and will serve as the launch pad for a much richer national
conversation on these topics, across many disciplines and communities.

Registration is limited to 150 people. We hope you will be one of them.
Please share this announcement widely.

--
Bryan Dewsbury, PhD
Assistant Professor