We have an opening for a post-doctoral scholar to work on methods for and
applications
of hierarchical statistical models using the NIMBLE software
(https://r-nimble.org) at the
University of California, Berkeley.  NIMBLE is an R package that combines a new
implementation of a model language similar to BUGS/JAGS, a system for writing
new
algorithms and MCMC samplers, and a compiler that generates C++ for each model
and
set of algorithms.  The successful candidate will work with Chris Paciorek,
Perry de
Valpine, and potentially other NIMBLE collaborators to pursue a research
program with a
combination of building and applying methods in NIMBLE.  Specific methods and
application areas will be determined based on interests of the successful
candidate.
Applicants should have a Ph.D. in Statistics or a related discipline.  We are
open to non-
Ph.D. candidates who can make a compelling case that they have relevant
experience.
The position is funded for two years, with an expected start date between
October 2018
and June 2019.  Applicants should send a cover letter, including a statement of
how their
interests relate to NIMBLE, the names of three references, and a CV to
nimble.st...@gmail.com, with "NIMBLE post-doc application" in the subject.
Applications
will be considered on a rolling basis starting 15 October, 2018.