The purpose of this message is to gauge potential interest in a one-semester
teaching position for fall, 2019 in the Department of Wildland Resources at
Utah State University. I am hoping this might appeal to post-docs with a
background in plant ecology who are looking to gain independent teaching
experience. The primary course that needs to be taught is "Wildland Plants
and Ecosystems," a 4-credit course with lectures focusing on the
biogeography and dynamics of important ecosystems of western North America,
and a lab focused on sight-identification of the dominant plant species in
those ecosystems. The department could cover at least 50% of a typical
post-doc salary to complement to an existing source of support. For
candidates who need full salary support, we may be able to add a second
course, "Range Plant Taxonomy and Function," a 3-credit course currently
taught almost entirely in the field. The instructor would have full access
to all existing course materials. If you might be interested in this
opportunity, or have questions about the courses or your qualifications,
please contact me (peter.adler [at] usu.edu).