Weyerhaeuser is seeking an experienced leader to manage our Southern
Environmental Research Program based in Columbus MS.  The selected
individual will provide leadership and oversight of a research team and
research projects of varying duration as well as technical support
activities across the company’s ownership in the southeastern U.S., New England
England and the Lake States.  The successful candidate will assume primary
responsib
responsibility for managing environmental research staff, collaborating in the
devel
the development of environmental research program direction, transferring
technical
technical products to the business and supporting the business in their use,
and
use, and ensuring research and business priority alignment. The successful
candidate
candidate will maintain an active research program in some aspect of wildlife
wildlife biology as well as work collaboratively with other internal and
external
external (universities and governmental) entities across multiple geographi
geographies.

Key Functions

Lead an established environmental research program in managed forest l
landscapes
Manage performance of a mid-sized research team consisting of scientists and
and technicians
Provide technical support to forest managers, particularly on ESA and sp
species of concern issues
Help to develop management approaches that integrate wildlife habitat w
within commercial forestry systems
Contribute to meeting company-wide sustainability commitments, including
third-party certification
Develop effective liaisons with universities, conservation organizations an
and government agencies

To formally apply to this position, please visit http://weyer.jobs/12664.

Qualifications
Proven abilities in leading a team of professionals through direction and go
goal setting, coaching, performance management, and talent development
Earned doctoral degree in wildlife biology and three or more years of e
experience in managing an environmental research program, with evidence of i
increasing levels of personal leadership responsibility
A record of scientific achievement demonstrated by publications in the
peer-reviewed literature, presentations at scientific meetings and professional
service
Highly effective oral and written communication skills
Strong interest and ability to work in both a research capacity and a technical
support/technical transfer role, including translating research results in
practical applications within working forests
Familiarity with the forest products industry, forest certification, and some
experience working in private industry
Ability to communicate scientific information to non
reviewed literature, presentations at scientific meetings and professional serv
service
Highly effective oral and written communication skills
Strong interest and ability to work in both a research capacity and a te
technical support/technical transfer role, including translating research re
results in practical applications within working forests
Familiarity with the forest products industry, forest certification, and s
some experience working in private industry
Ability to communicate scientific information to non-technical audiences
Intimate familiarity with federal and state environmental regulations rele
relevant to the forest products industry
Awareness of the economic significance of environmental management in the for
forest products industry
Ability to travel frequently
Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others and direct others' work
Exhibits professional appearance and demeanor, a stable employment history,
and evidence of organizational skills, and self-motivation
Authorized to work in the U.S.
Some knowledge of and experience with remote-sensing technology, GIS and st
statistics desired
About Timberlands

We believe trees are a remarkable resource that can and should be managed
responsi
responsibly to make a range of products that meet human needs, while also
providin
providing recreation, wildlife habitat, and other important ecosystem benefits
benefits.

For more than a century, we've been taking care of forests to make life better
better.

About Weyerhaeuser

We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world
a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and pr
and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North
North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart,
talent
talented people who are passionate about making a difference.

We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.

Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer.  We are committed to taking
affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities,
qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.