Graduate positions in forest/urban ecology and terrestrial biogeochemical
cycling research are available in Andrew Reinmann’s lab in the Environmental
Sciences Initiative at the Advanced Science Research Center of the Graduate
Center, City University of New York.

I am seeking a PhD student to start Fall 2018. Funding is available through
a combination of research and teaching assistantships. My lab studies carbon
and nitrogen cycling in forest and urban ecosystems, encompassing topics
that include forest ecology/productivity, tree physiology, land use and land
cover change, and climatic controls on ecosystem carbon exchange and
storage. Students would pursue a degree in either the Biology (Ecology,
Evolutionary Biology and Behavior; January 1st application deadline) or the
Earth and Environmental Sciences (December 15th application deadline)
program at the Graduate Center, CUNY (www.gc.cuny.edu) and conduct research
at the CUNY’s interdisciplinary state-of-the-art research and
instrumentation facility, the Advanced Science Research Center,
Environmental Sciences Initiative (http://environment.asrc.cuny.edu/).
Applicants should be independent and highly motivated with experience
conducting academic and/or field research.

If interested, please send a letter with your research interests,
experiences, and career goals, along with a CV (including GRE scores and
GPA) and contact information for 3 references to Dr. Andrew Reinmann
(andrew.reinm...@asrc.cuny.edu). To learn more about my lab, please visit
http://environment.asrc.cuny.edu/people/andrew-reinmann/. Note, because of
the close deadline, please contact me ASAP if you are interested.