I’d like to get in touch with an environmental reporter who’s willing to
delve into some longstanding issues with a natural area that’s fallen victim to
the pressures of urbanization.  I’m looking for someone who has the patience
and commitment to tackle a complex issue, and who has a solid grounding in
ecology and natural history.

    This is a situation which is a deep tangle of failed conservation, failed
law enforcement, indifferent state agencies and the insidious pressures of
local politics.  Local media have been unwilling to report on these issues, and
the local newspaper has refused to run letters and guest columns expressing
citizen concerns.

    These issues are an open secret in the community, but those who try to
speak out are ridiculed and harassed, and most have simply given up.  I’m
looking for an outside reporter who’s willing to help preserve a natural area
with detailed and objective reporting.  If you or someone you know would be
interested, please contact me off-list with my thanks in advance.

                                 - J. A.