Position Title: Disease Ecology Postdoctoral

Position Description: We seek a highly qualified individual to conduct research
at the University of Nevada- Reno. Our research groups study disease ecology
and infectious diseases dynamics in wildlife systems, including amphibian
chytridiomycosis, white nose syndrome in bats, avian lice, and others. The
ideal candidate for this position will have a Ph.D. in disease ecology,
microbe-host interactions, innate or cell-mediated immunity or a related field,
and demonstrated research experience/training in molecular biology techniques.
Individuals with a solid background work in bioinformatics (experience with R
and/or python), and working with proteomics data are especially encouraged to
apply. We are also seeking a candidate that is hard-working, enthusiastic,
resourceful, and able to work both independently as well as collaboratively
across different biological research specialties. The University of Nevada at
Reno (UNR) is a major academic and research facility, located in the heart of
the Lake Tahoe region with countless opportunities to outdoor recreation areas,
including access to Yosemite and King's Canyon National Parks. For the proposed
research, the candidate will work with numerous of internationally recognized
immunologists, chemical ecologists, and disease ecologists that are present at
UNR. In particular, the proposed research will greatly benefit from the newly
established Center for Chemical Ecology, a state-of-the-art Proteomics and Mass
Spectrometry Facility, and the expertise available at the Nevada Center for
Bioinformatics. In addition, the selected individual will be based in the
Program for Ecology, Evolution, and Conservation Biology, which is comprised of
50+ internationally-recognized faculty members and diverse research programs
within these biological sub-disciplines. This is a one-year project and renewal
is possible pending on performance and funding availability. Please send and
questions and application materials (CV, statement of interest, a contact
information for three references in a single pdf document) to Dr. Jamie Voyles
at jvoy...@unr.edu. Applications will be reviewed immediately and continue
until the ideal candidate is identified. For more information on other projects
within our research group, please visit the Voyles Lab web page
https://voyleslab.weebly.com/

Employer Name: University of Nevada, Reno

Position Location: Reno, Nevada

Application Deadline: December 1, 2018

Shared on behalf of Tiffany May:

Tiffany May