Dear colleagues:

Dennis Swaney and I are co-chairing session CS-0011, Phosphorus Geochemistry
and
Cycling, the ASLO Aquatic Sciences Meeting, to be held 24 February to 1 March
2019).
Abstract deadline is 22 October.

This session is especially timely because 2019 is the 350th anniversary of the
discovery
of phosphorus! Its impact on the environment, biogeochemical cycles, and on
life itself,
cannot be overestimated. With this in mind, we envision a broad range of topics
related to
phosphorus geochemistry and cycling, including freshwater and marine
biogeochemistry,
stoichiometry, social-ecological impacts, nutrient balances (e.g. watersheds,
islands and
other regional studies), soil-P mining, legacy phosphorus and management
issues, etc.

The ASLO meeting also offers educational activities and volunteer opportunities
that
focus on environmental and ecosystem restoration following last year’s
devastation to the
island due to Hurricane Maria.

We hope to see you in Puerto Rico in 2019!

Michelle McCrackin (Stockholm University)
Dennis Swaney (Cornell)