Three fully funded graduate positions in Arctic Restoration Ecology (1 PhD. and 2 MSc.) are available in the Departments of Soil Science and Plant Sciences at the University of Saskatchewan. This is a unique opportunity to join an interdisciplinary project spanning the fields of restoration ecology, soil science, and plant ecology. We will be examining the potential for using biological soil crusts and tundra surface organic layers to foster the recovery of arctic plant community assemblages and essential ecosystem functions following mining disturbance. Fieldwork will be conducted at a working mine site in Nunavut, Canada with opportunities to work closely with mine company staff. We will also be heavily involved in the development and delivery of an on-site education program for Nunavut youth integrating soil science, plant ecology, environmental monitoring, restoration and traditional ecological knowledge. For more information and application instructions please visit: http://homepage.usask.ca/~egl388/June2018_positions.html