Job Description: Jefferson Memorial Forest (JMF) is the headquarters of
Louisville Parks’ Natural Areas
Division and is responsible for managing nearly 7,000 forested and riparian
acres. Our mission is to
protect and enhance natural areas for current and future generations, while
promoting environmental
stewardship and education through community partnerships. Our primary social
programming
initiative is Louisville ECHO (Louisville is Engaging Children Outdoors) which
provides nearly 2,500
youth, primarily underserved youth from urban neighborhoods, with “cradle to
career” access to
nature each year. This initiative is nationally recognized as part of the
Cities Connecting Children to
Nature Initiative (National League of Cities/Children and Nature Network).

This VISTA position reports to the Administrator of the Natural Areas Division
who also serves as the
Executive Director of Wilderness Louisville, Inc. (WL), the non-profit champion
for Louisville’s natural
areas. The VISTA will improve the capacity of JMF to meets its conservation and
program mission,
including providing equitable access to nature in underserved communities. The
VISTA will work in
conjunction with WL to increase community awareness of Louisville’s natural
areas and natural areas
programming and by improving fundraising that supports expansion of community
programming and
park infrastructure development. This is an excellent opportunity for someone
seeking to gain skills in
the non-profit sector while contributing to our community’s efforts to become a
healthier city, a city
of lifelong learning, and a more compassionate city.

Desired Skills: Leadership, Communications, Non-Profit Management, Team Work,
Fund raising/Grant
Writing, Recruitment, Community Organization, Conflict Resolution,
Writing/Editing

Start Date: December 1, 2018

Application instructions: Submit an application in the My AmeriCorps online
portal or by following this
link:
https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=84597&fromSearch=true

Contact: Bennett Knox at bennett.k...@louisvilleky.gov or (502) 366-2913