We are seeking to fill a position in Medical Geography here at UF; this is a
12-month lecturer position, on a promotion track, with a competitive salary
range, whose goal is both excellence in teaching and contributing to program
building for one of our fastest growing majors. We have both dual-track
undergraduate majors in Medical Geography, including the BS which fills
pre-health requirements, and certificate and minor programs, making this a
great program to grow in and with. Please forward this position description to
interested advanced PhD candidates, postdocs, and colleagues.

12-month Lecturer, Medical Geography in Global Health
The Department of Geography at the University of Florida, College of Liberal
Arts and Sciences, invites applications for a full-time, 12 month, renewable,
non-tenure-track position, at the level of Lecturer to begin August 16, 2019.
The department seeks an outstanding candidate with expertise in the field of
Medical Geography in Global Health (MGGH), whose expertise is interdisciplinary
and will complement existing strengths in the department and across campus.
This position is ideal for a dynamic, highly innovative instructor and program
builder who will substantially contribute to supporting and building a rapidly
growing program in Medical Geography – our fastest growing undergraduate
degree. Primary responsibilities include teaching, specifically co-developing a
series of introductory and intermediate MGGH courses (e.g. Geography of Health,
Medical Geography) at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Additional duties
will include assisting with the student learning outcomes assessment,
certificate administration, and departmental outreach and service. The
appointment is renewable and is eligible for promotion. This position will be
fundamental in the advising and oversight of majors and certificate programs,
and in outreach to the broader community.

Applicants should have experience and demonstrated commitment to excellence in
teaching; and a proven ability to communicate effectively with students,
professionals, and the public. Interest in innovative pedagogies and program
building, within an exciting and growing program, which is well supported by
the larger University, is essential. Additionally, potential to engage with the
University of Florida’s ‘Beyond 120’ https://www.advising.ufl.edu/beyond120/and
‘Quest’ Programs http://undergrad.aa.ufl.edu/uf-quest/uf-quest-trials/ would be
considered an advantage as the successful applicant will develop Grand
Challenge courses as part of these new initiatives for early stage
undergraduates, to showcase the medical geography major, minor, and certificate
tracks. The teaching load would be 3-3-2, across fall-spring-summer each
academic calendar year.

For more information and to apply see:
https://apply.interfolio.com/55897