Hello Ecologgers,

Union of Concerned Scientists has two new two-year post-doc Kendall
Fellowships. (Keep tuned, we should have a couple more coming soon!)

Apply yourself or share with colleagues, friends, professional groups,
LinkedIn,  Facebook, Google Groups, listservs, message boards and everywhere
you go.

Kendall Fellowship: EV Battery Recycling and Reuse
Clean Vehicles Program
Union of Concerned Scientists
Oakland, CA Office preferred
https://union-of-concerned-scientists.workable.com/j/B9C4B88CD2

While life cycle emissions of electric vehicles are far lower than those of
gas-powered cars, there’s room for these vehicles to be more sustainable to
produce, charge, and drive. The United States recently hit a milestone–1
million electric vehicles sold—yet the fate of the batteries in these cars when
they are at the end of their life is yet to be determined. The Union of
Concerned Scientists seeks a Kendall Fellow to study the recycling and reuse of
batteries from electric vehicles, with a focus on improving their
sustainability, and an eye on policy implications for the work. UCS Kendall
Fellows are accepted via a competitive screening process to propose and execute
forward-looking, innovative two-year projects, working with our scientists in
our offices. Learn more/apply at
https://union-of-concerned-scientists.workable.com/j/B9C4B88CD2

Kendall Fellowship: Understanding Scientist Activism
Center for Science and Democracy
Union of Concerned Scientists
Cambridge, MA or Washington, DC
https://union-of-concerned-scientists.workable.com/j/4117BF443B

Over the past two years, the Union of Concerned Scientists has led the largest
mobilization of scientists and other experts in our organization’s history, as
thousands have volunteered to use their expertise and voices to inform
far-reaching local and national policy decisions. How can we capitalize on the
energy and momentum to sustain this movement? We seek a Kendall Fellow with
research experience studying social movements to help us understand and
leverage the mechanisms that enable collective and individual advocacy in the
science community, for an enduring effort. Learn more and apply
https://union-of-concerned-scientists.workable.com/j/4117BF443B

See the full list of UCS job openings at http://www.ucsusa.org/about/jobs-ucs

Best,

Julia Petipas