We're accepting proposals for symposia, workshops and more for our conference
October 8-10, 2019 – Pittsburgh Sheraton, Pittsburgh PA

Don't wait! Deadline for proposals is April 15.

This year's theme is At the Water's Edge: Managing Our Land and Water in a
Changing Landscape.

We're accepting the following proposals:
Symposium
Individual Oral Presentation
Poster
Field Workshop
Workshop
ID Workshop

More information is available at naturalareas.org under Conference.

We ask that proposals take into account our theme and our topics for 2019,
which are:

Best Management Practices on Land for Freshwater Ecosystem Integrity
Mitigating the Impact of Energy Development
Advances in State Forest Management
Identifying Natural Areas for Conservation
Management of Wildlife Habitat
Invasive Species Management and Prevention
Using Data and Technology to Advance Conservation
Parcelization of Large Private Land – Opportunities for Conservation
Native Plant Conservation Initiatives
Pollinators in Natural Areas Management
Management Planning to Advance the Conservation of Special Species/Natural
Communities
Urban Natural Areas and Green Infrastructure
Wetlands Conservation for Rare Species
Climate Change – Species and Natural Communities on the Move
Restoration of Natural Areas Qualities

Humke Student Scholarship Applications and NAA Award Nominations Now Also Being
Accepted

If you're a full-time student and interested in attending this conference, we
highly recommend you apply for a scholarship as soon as possible. We give
preference to students who are also presenting a paper or poster, so take this
chance to do both! https://www.naturalareas.org/humke_student_scholarship.php

We are also now seeking nominations for the George B. Fell and Carl N. Becker
awards. This is a stellar opportunity to recognize a natural areas professional
who has inspired you in your work. https://www.naturalareas.org/awards.php