Dear colleagues,

Miami University (in Oxford, OH) is excited to announce that *we are now
accepting applications to our Research Experience for Undergraduates
program*. The program is focused on Ecology in Human Dominated Landscapes.
We would appreciate it if you could distribute this e-mail to anyone that
might be interested and *encourage your undergraduate students to visit our
website and apply.* Below there is a short synopsis of the program
activities and contact information for students that may be interested in
the program. Also, you should be able to download a poster advertisement
from our website that you can share with your colleagues and students.

Thank you for your time,

Patrick Garrett
Graduate Program Assistant
EcoREU Program, Miami University
E-mail: garre...@miamioh.edu

*Undergraduate students accepted into the program will:*
-Conduct an independent research project with a faculty mentor at Miami
University. Research opportunities are available in the lab or field in
aquatic or terrestrial environments.
-Disseminate their research at the REU research symposium
-Discuss current literature related to their projects with faculty mentors
and student peers in clusters related to their project.
-Attend team-building field trips around the regional Midwest.
-Take short courses on ethics and professions in ecology and environmental
science, and interact with seminars by guest speakers.
-Participate in field trips illustrating the natural history of
Southwestern Ohio.

For more information about our program please visit our website at:
https://sites.google.com/a/miamioh.edu/ecoreu/home. Click on the
Application tab at the top of the page and follow the instructions to
apply. Please contact Patrick Garrett at garre...@miamioh.edu with any
problems, questions, or concerns you may have about our program or the
application process.