One caution, based on experiences I've heard of firsthand: read the fine
print re licensing, limitation of what you can do without their approval
(with your own material) and how long those constraints last, and
especially their liability clauses (you usually assume all liability, while
giving up all editorial control). If you are at an institution with legal
advisors on staff, and/or constraints re who among the institution's
employees can legally sign an indemnification agreement, be sure to have
your legal department look over the contract before you sign it.

And, if possible, get a draft of the contract before you spend a lot of
time writing the grant and then negotiating its terms.

Bethann Garramon Merkle, MFA
Associate Research Scientist
Zoology and Physiology Dept.
UWyo Science Communication Initiative, director
University of Wyoming
www.uwyo.edu/wysci