Applications are being sought from students with grit and optimism that wish to
pursue a Doctoral degree studying conservation physiology and behavior in fish
or amphibians. Students should have both curiosity and zest about conservation,
physiology and behavior starting in fall 2019 or later. We can offer an
Instructional Assistant (teaching labs) for the length of your degree (but also
possible grant funding). See http://gabor.wp.txstate.edu/ for details about our
lab, papers and our research interests.

The Department of Biology offers a strong environment for training students in
conservation, physiology, behavior, and evolutionary ecology. We have a
Doctoral program in Aquatic Resources and Integrative Biology. For program
information see
https://www.gradcollege.txstate.edu/programs/aquatic-resources-phd.html

Interested students should send an email with a statement of interest that
includes topics you might be interested in working on in our lab and your long
term goals/interests. Please include a copy of your CV (including GRE scores
and GPA) and contact information for 3 references to Caitlin Gabor (gabor at
txstate.edu). Reference letters for top candidates will be solicited at a later
date. Applications will be reviewed as they come in. For a fall 2019 start
date, there will need to be a fast response as the deadline for receipt of
application materials is January 15, 2018. I will also consider applications
who apply later.