Kris,
For regular telephone interviews, I just use the Olympus TP7 Telephone
PIckup:  http://amzn.to/bq3StW
It is a simply microphone that fits in your ear, and plugs into any
recording devise.  It is batteryless, simply, easy to use, and good
quality.

Best,
Chris

--
See the Next Generation Labor research blog at:
http://nextgenerationlabor.wordpress.com/

Chris Benner, Ph.D.
Chair, Community Development Graduate Group
Chair, Geography Graduate Group
Associate Professor, Community and Regional Development
Human and Community Development Department
University of California Davis
1309 Hart Hall
One Shields Ave
Davis, CA  95616