From:  Norma Rantisi <norma.rant...@gmail.com>
Date:  Thu, 28 Jul 2011 12:07:07 -0400
To:  <ECONOMICGEOGRAPHY-L@LISTSERV.UCONN.EDU>
Subject:  Roepke Lecture - nominations for 2013

Dear EGSG members:

Nominations are being sought for the Roepke Lecture speaker for AAG 2013 in
Los Angeles.  As we discussed at the EGSG business meeting, the nomination
committee is finding that eight months is becoming increasingly inadequate
lead time to attract notable speakers. As a result, we have decided to
experiment with seeking nominations two years in advance.

The Roepke Lecture is an opportunity to honor and showcase scholars with
significant contributions in the field of economic geography.  For the list
of past lectures, please see:
http://www.geography.uconn.edu/aag-econ/roepke.html

 <http://www.geography.uconn.edu/aag-econ/roepke.html> In addition to the
past speakers listed on the website, Trevor Barnes (Professor of Geography
at the University of British Columbia) delivered the 2011 Roepke Lecture in
Seattle (the website will soon be updated to reflect this).  And Dani Rodrik
(Rafiq Hariri Professor of International Political Economy at the John F.
Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University) will deliver the 2012
Roepke Lecture in New York.

The Roepke Lecture is co-sponsored by Economic Geography, the journal, AAG
EGSG, and the University of Illinois. Economic Geography publishes the
manuscripts based on the lecture.

Please send your nominations directly to me at norma.rant...@gmail.com by
August 15.

Thanks & best,