Dear colleagues,

On behalf of the EGSG Board, I'm delighted to announce this year's winners of
the student competitions:

        Dissertation Award: Rosemary Collard (UBC)
        Student Paper Award: Jana Maria Kleibert (Amsterdam) and Kean Fan Lim
(UBC)
        Student Research Award: Dimitar Anguelov (UCLA) and Nicolas Friederici
(Oxford)

I'll be updating the EGSG student awards page here:

http://geography.wisc.edu/aag-egsg/awards/

with further details, but wanted to get the word out while the AAG Annual
Conference is on. If any of the winners is in Tampa, please drop by the
Economic Geography Specialty Group Business Meeting (Thursday, April 10, 7:30
p.m. - 8:30 p.m. It will be held in Room 14, Tampa Convention Center (TCC),
First Floor.) to say hello.

On behalf of the EGSG, many thanks to *everyone* who applied - it was really
difficult for all of us to judge and narrow down, and I say this in a genuine
fashion, as so many of the applicants were deserving of winning more awards
than we are able to hand out.

Best wishes, and congrats!!

Kris

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>