Apologies for x-postings…

Dear Colleagues,

I am writing to share an article that showcases how academia is currently under
attack that I believe you will find useful. The piece discuses the rise of
colonial nostalgia, racism, fascism, and bigotry in academia under the guise of
'free speech’. Senior academics, Deans, Chair, administrators, journal editors,
etc are increasingly called upon to critically engage with and address the
various ways that academia is under attack where academic freedom and scholarly
integrity are threatened. So please do feel free to share the article with
others as appropriate.

This open-access article is titled "The False Equivalence of Academic Freedom
and Free Speech: Defending Academic Integrity in the Age of White Supremacy,
Colonial Nostalgia, and Anti-Intellectualism” and is available to download on
the journal website here:
https://www.acme-journal.org/index.php/acme/article/view/1715
<https://www.acme-journal.org/index.php/acme/article/view/1715>

Thank you.

Best,
Farhana

*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*

Farhana Sultana, Ph.D.

Associate Professor of Geography
&
Research Director for Environmental Conflicts and Collaborations, Program for
the Advancement of Research on Conflict and Collaboration (PARCC)

Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs
Syracuse University
144 Eggers Hall, Syracuse, NY, 13244, USA

Email: sulta...@syr.edu
Web: www.farhanasultana.com
Web: http://www.maxwell.syr.edu/faculty/sultana.aspx
ResearchGate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Farhana_Sultana
Twitter: @Farhana_H2O

Books:

Eating, Drinking: Surviving http://www.springer.com/us/book/9783319424675

The Right to Water: Politics, Governance and Social Struggles
https://www.routledge.com/products/9781849713597