I would like to forward this exciting project to you…

Von: Wirtschaftsgeographie
[mailto:wirtschaftsgeographie-boun...@listserv.uni-jena.de] Im Auftrag von
Academic-Practices.EconGeo
Gesendet: Montag, 30. Juli 2018 15:21
An: wirtschaftsgeograp...@listserv.uni-jena.de
Betreff: [Wirtschaftsgeographie] Survey: The academic practice of
abstract-writing

Dear colleagues,

Conferences are crucial platforms to exchange and co-produce knowledge among
peers. Abstract writing is one major academic practice in preparation towards a
conference. The objective of the following small survey is to reflect on the
(everyday) academic practice of abstract-writing. We would like to gain an
insight on this practices among peers in the field of Economic Geography. The
idea of that survey came up by wondering about how much influence abstracts
have on the overall research process of academics in different academic
positions. The abstract constitutes a checkpoint within a research process. As
research is a dynamic process and concepts and framings change over a period of
time (e.g. months inbetween a conference and abstract submission), it can be
worthwhile to understand the interlinkages between the practice of
abstract-writing and research directions.

We highly appreciate the time you take to fill in this survey! This survey
might take 3-5 minutes to complete. The responses will be handled anonymously
and confidently.

https://www.survey.uni-koeln.de/index.php/299285?newtest=Y
<https://www.survey.uni-koeln.de/index.php/299285?newtest=Y&lang=en> &lang=en

Best regards

An initiative of PhD students who are interested in understanding the everyday
practices in our discipline