On Dec 16, 2010, at 10:18 AM, Chris Conlon wrote:

> I recently noticed a discussion regarding a potential OpenSSL port to eCos.
> I saw that yaSSL was mentioned very briefly as an alternative to OpenSSL, and
> wanted to give you a little more information about CyaSSL.
>
> CyaSSL has been in active development since 2004 and has been feature
> complete and stable for quite some time now.  CyaSSL is dual licensed under
> both the GPLv2 and a standard commercial license.  When CyaSSL was first
> written, there were many OpenSSL users who wanted an alternative that was
> easily portable, smaller, faster, available under a clear commercial license,
> and equipped with a clean and modern API.  The first major customer of yaSSL
> was MySQL, which has been followed by many other popular open source projects.
>
> CyaSSL is feature complete, has been tested and used by many projects, and
> supports the industry standards up to TLS 1.2.  Because it is targeted at
> embedded systems, we have optimized it for both speed and size.  A complete
> feature list can be viewed on the CyaSSL product page:
>
> http://yassl.com/yaSSL/Products_cyassl.html.
>
> A port to eCos is on our product roadmap.  As such, we would be happy to
> provide you with free technical support for the porting effort.

In addition to the above, CyaSSL includes a FLOSS Exception which allows
“Free/Libre and Open Source Software” (FLOSS) applications to be able to use
specified GPL-licensed yaSSL libraries despite the fact that not all FLOSS
licenses are compatible with version 2 of the GNU General Public License (the
"GPL").

More details on the CyaSSL FLOSS Exception can be found here:
http://yassl.com/yaSSL/Docs_FLOSS_Exception.html

Regards,

Chris Conlon
www.yassl.com