HI All

I have a customer who's been sending me 862's for quite a few years.  The
EDI has been coming once a week and really hasn't been very exciting, that
is until now.

I got word that my customer is going to start a new system.  First the EDI
will no longer be sent only once a week.  Also, they are going to give me a
"Serial Number" for each day's requirement.  This serial number must also be
sent back on the 856.  That alone is not a real problem.  The problem is
that once they setup a quantity for a given day, it will never be changed,
Or resent.  Any additional EDI received will only be a new requirement.
That means that I can have values from several different EDI transmissions
which all may contain valid data.  Their will not be any One Transmission
that will have "Everything".

This will completely break my business system.  When I process an 862, the
new transmission replaces the old transmission.  There will be nothing left
in my system from the old transmission.

Has any one else ran into this.  I really don't have any way I can support
this.

Roy A. Nelson
MIS Director
HyPro Inc.