John

Each day, do you receive multiple Interchanges from the bank?  or just a
single ISA?

To answer your question, I find that most banks DO NOT regularly change this
field.  Instead, they typically provide a point-to-point ISA that defines the
receiver as your company and the sender as the bank.  Typically the ISA04 is
blank and the ISA03 is "00".

If you are receiving ISAs in which the ONLY difference is the ISA04, I would
suspect that your company has requested this edi service for multiple checking
accounts at your bank and that the TP setups for each  of the accounts
contains a different hard coded value for the ISA04.

OR...If other fields in the ISAs you are receiving are different, I would
suspect the bank is passing the ISAs through (end to end) to your as
received.

Dudley Brown
Sterling Commerce

"Lanoue, John" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
We are using DECEDI V3.2
When a trading partner is communicating via ACH to a bank do they regularly
change this field?
REgards,