You are right - I should have been more specific.  I am working in 4010.
However, the payroll loop doesn't appear to accommodate this information,
does it?

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Fields in an 820
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 16:43:02 -0500

What version of the 820 are you using?  The reason I ask is that beginning
in version 4010 (I think), a payroll loop was added to the 820.  The answer
differs greatly if you are using that loop!

Ann Cooper writes:

I am currently working on mapping a payroll checks application into an 820,
and I'm struggling with finding homes for the following fields.  I'm
wondering if there's a financial industry standard for these.

I have three iterations - Federal, State and Local - for each of the
following fields:

1.  Filing Status (single, married, etc.)
2.  Number of Exemptions
3.  Tax Allowance (additional deduction amount)
4.  For STATE only, I also have a State code

Any help would be appreciated.