Judging by an angry letter from a competitor, you would have thought, in
the words of Edwin Edwards, erstwhile Governor of Louisiana, that I had
been "caught in bed with a live boy or a dead girl."

All I did was miss the gist of Joe McCoy's question.  Reading his
question more closely, Joe apparently wanted the publication dates of
*VICS* 004020 and 004030.  Why my correspondent simply couldn't have
answered the question on EDI-L, to show me up, is beyond me.

Anyway, VICS publications lag their X12 counterparts by about 5 months.
So expect VICS 004030 to be ready by May, 2000.  I believe VICS 004020
was published about that same time last year.  Details on the
publication dates are available in the VICS EDI SMC Bulletins at
http://www.uc-council.org/e_commerce/ec_vics_edi_bulletins.html.  Expect
VICS 004030 to be available in EDISIM at about the same time it's
published by the Uniform Code Council.

William J. Kammerer
FORESIGHT Corp.
4950 Blazer Memorial Pkwy.