Ann Cooper wants to know what the  '/Z'  means, in addition to the code
of M, O, or C, in the Requirement Designator column within X12 segment
and composite diagrams.

The '/Z' addition to the requirement designator is merely a DISA
convention meaning there's a semantic note for that element position
further down, below the diagram.  I guess it's there to help your
eyeballs focus on the elements which have semantic notes, nothing more.
And you're right, it's never explained in any legends or front matter
anywhere in the X12 book; I'm merely relying on my all-powerful
deduction capabilities to figure that one out.

William J. Kammerer
FORESIGHT Corp.
4950 Blazer Memorial Pkwy.
Dublin, OH USA 43017-3305