William J. Kammerer tells us that we must "screen scrape" in order to
inteteract with a web server programmatically.  An HTML document is
not a screen presentation, it is a structured description of a screen
presentation and is therefore well suited to machine interpretation.
A web browser does exactly that.

I would probably use Perl for this.  I'm sure there are some modules
at CPAN that provide the core web server interaction functionality.  I
know people who routinely write custom web bots to do online research.
I might also look at Lynx as a starting point.  Lynx an open source
text-based web browser.

- )V(ark)<     [EMAIL PROTECTED]