"Brunnock, Andy" wrote:

> No. We are talking about having standardized templates on which to build
> understandings between trading partners. This is the current big difference
> between XML (general XML not XYZ's implementation of it) and the traditional
> eCommerce formats (X12/EDIFACT).

Andy, maybe you are willing to explain this. What are these
standardized templates on which to build understandings between
trading partners?

I've been thinking that these templates may be semantic elements, like
the ones in the UNTDED (UN Trade Data Element Directory) or maybe they
also include rules for building your own messages using these
elements, like the UN/EDIFACT Message Design Guidelines?

I guess there is more to it and would love to hear, like no doubt
others on the EDI-L as well, what these templates are.

thanks,

Erlend Nagel.