        From:   Chalmers, John [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
        Sent:   Friday, April 28, 2000 12:56 PM
        To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Subject:        Re: Market share for PGP

        John,

        We discussed this earlier this week in a phone call but to recap, we
have
        about 30 trading partners that we exchange data with using PGP
encryption.
        That is more than half of our trading partners that we exchange data
with
        using FTP.  PGP has worked very well for us.  Recent price increases
in the
        PGP software($5,000 for a two year license vs. $150 to purchase) has
made
        using PGP encryption less attractive.  The higher price only applies
if you
        want to use PGP in an automated fashion(scripted), but very few
trading
        partners want to use PGP manually.  We have researched using other
        encryption packages(Compress, Prime Factors, and others) and have
found that
        they are more expensive than PGP.   I'd be interested to know what
lower
        cost encryption software packages are available.

        John Chalmers
        Electronic Commerce Services
        Voice (603) 245-4204; Fax(603) 245-5332