Leonie Doyle, of the Australian National Training Authority, wrote "Does
anyone know of an ANSI x12 data dictionary available online?  You know,
something that tells me what the 2 and 3 letter codes stand for (eg. ST,
BEG, etc)."

Dear Leonie:

Unfortunately, I don't know where the newest ANSI ASC X12 standards are
available online.  DISA, the secretariat for ASC X12, is kind of stingy
about the X12 standards being made available to just anyone.

This does remind me of an important message.  I wish to apologize to the
Boston DISA attendees who missed out on my autographed 8 X 10 glossies;
unfortunately, demand far exceeded supply.

But I always have my business cards which come with a teensy-weensy
CD-Rom containing the EDISIM Standards Viewer with ASC X12 004030!  For
those who would like my business card EDISIM Viewer CD-Rom, please send
an e-mail to me privately with your full address, and I'll be sure to
get it out in the mail to you.  And I'll even autograph my business
card!

William J. Kammerer
FORESIGHT Corp.
4950 Blazer Memorial Pkwy.