    From:   Jim Divoky [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
    Sent:   Monday, May 08, 2000 9:17 AM
    To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    Subject:        Re: What is Pick list document?

    I would have to know more about what the business process is before
    recommending an appropriate document.  Such as to whom will the message be
    sent and by whom or what process and for what purpose.  Some documents to
    look at are:

    862 Shipping Schedule
    This Draft Standard for Trial Use contains the format and establishes the
    data contents of the Shipping Schedule Transaction Set (862) for use within
    the context of an Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) environment. The
    transaction set can be used by a customer to convey precise shipping
    schedule requirements to a supplier, and is intended to supplement the
    planning schedule transaction set (830). The shipping schedule transaction
    set will supersede certain shipping and delivery information transmitted in
    a previous planning schedule transaction, but it does not replace the 830
    transaction set. The shipping schedule transaction set shall not be used to
    authorize labor, materials or other resources.The use of this transaction
    set will facilitate the practice of Just-In-Time (JIT) manufacturing by
    providing the customer with a mechanism to issue precise shipping schedule
    requirements on a more frequent basis than with the issuance of a planning
    schedule transaction, e.g., daily shipping schedules versus weekly planning
    schedules. The shipping schedule transaction also provides the ability for a
    customer location to issue shipping requirements independent of other
    customer locations when planning schedule transactions are issued by a
    consolidated scheduling organization.

    940 Warehouse Shipping Order
    This Draft Standard for Trial Use contains the format and establishes the
    data contents of the Warehouse Shipping Order Transaction Set (940) for use
    within the context of an Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) environment. This
    transaction set can be used to enable the depositor to advise a warehouse to
    make a shipment, confirm a shipment, or modify or cancel a previously
    transmitted shipping order.

    Jim Divoky
    EC Solutions
    2304 North Ridge Drive
    Jefferson City, TN 37760-5320
    Providing SAP EDI/EC Consulting and Contracting
    Home          865-471-5529 TN
    Office         330-678-6091 OH
    Mobile        330-606-6826
    Pager          877-282-3426   tollfree
    Email          [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      To send email to mobile phone, use "Phonemail" as subject.
    160 chars text only.
    Web Page   http://jim.divoky.home.att.net