I have one client who had an 810 invoice for over $100K rejected by their
customer because the TDS total was "wrong" by one cent. (Yes, that is $0.01
US).

I put "wrong" in quotation marks because it was only "wrong" if you rounded
at the end instead of on a line-by-line basis (there were a number of lines
with fractional-cent prices).

I do not have my standards disk handy, but I would check if TDS might not be
one of the standard "balance" segments which must be correct or will incur
an ANSI error.

Also: it is a not-so-well-kept "dirty little secret" that while no EDI user
rejects purchase orders, they all look for excuses to reject invoices. (This
same client customer, of course, rejects an entire functional group if any
one invoice is in error.
I fixed that by setting up the Gentran system to create one invoice per
functional group).

Regards,
Michael C. Mattias
Tal Systems