-----Original Message-----
From: bmc2000 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Friday, May 12, 2000 2:32 PM
Subject: Gentran NT Mapping Help

>I have created an inbound EDI comma delimited (positional) to
>positional map. I am unable to get this map to translate because
>Gentran is not relating the data to the map. I would appreciate
>any detailed instruction you may have regarding: break maps,
>partner relationships, and splitter entry's with inbound
>positional mapping.

>Thanks in advance for your help!

>Bridget
First: your GENTRAN server must be correctly configured
in terms of break maps. This should not be a problem;
the 'out-of-the-box' configuration has the correct values
for processing X-12 documents; I've never had to 'tweak' it.

Second: you must have an inbound Partner Relationship defined.

The Relationship's Standard, Version, and Transaction Set must
match those of the document. Also, the EDI Code value for the
partner must match the ISA Sender ID code value (ISA06).

Finally - there is a "Test Indicator" setting for each
Inbound Relationship. It's a pair of radio buttons at the
bottom of the "Advanced" part of the Relationship tab.

This setting must match the value in ISA15, which can be
"P" for Production or "T" for Test. If this setting doesn't
match, the Inbound document will just be ignored.

If you have further problems, look in the Audit Log. If you
can't figure out what the Audit Log messages mean, maybe
someone on the list can help.