Greetings,

Mark Kusiak [[EMAIL PROTECTED]] wrote :
" Most organisations do not couple process re-engineering with the
implementation of EDI with mixed results. ............EDI forces process
change on them and it ends up being done on the fly.  I can't think of any
other scenario which could be more costly to a business then this mix."

My questions relate to business process re-engineering with each vendor as
they go live with EDI rather than the whole business.

For each vendor that we put on we normally have to fix up problems with the
pre-EDI business process as part of EDI . This seems to take up 80 % of our
time.

My questions
-       Does anyone get the business and the vendor to sign off that the
paper process is working before going EDI ?
-       Even with sign off would people still recommend an audit of the
current process ?
-       Does this reduce down the amount of time that spent by EDI teams on
this issue ?
-       Does anyone get vendor and business process surveys done using web
forms ?

Problems examples that effect us on EDI
-       No - purchase orders quoted .
-       Multiple delivery dockets per physical delivery form 1 shipping
point,
-       1 delivery dockets is related to more than 1 physical delivery our
part number not quoted,
-       Over and under supplies are common
-       Non-use of cumulative delivered and
-       entry of schedules as discrete orders.
-       Documents late - ( normally because vendor plants have centralised
accounting)