All,

Thanks for all the answers to this question.  Here are some of the things I
found after the answers led me to more investigation.

Transaction OYEB will activate the IDOCs, but will NOT deactivate them.

To deactivate, you need to do the following:  (in SAP 4.5B, at any rate - it
is quite different in 4.0B)

Get to standard task TS30200090 and change the green button to red.

        Transaction SWLD

        Definition Tools  - Click on Tasks/Task Groups - Display  (Our
system does not allow change as a choice)

        Fill in Task Type  - TS,   Task - 30200090, click on eyeglasses

        Click Triggering Events Tab

        Click green button in front of Event PROCESSSTATEREACHED - it will
turn red, and now IDOCs are deactivated.  Our   system will allow this even
in Display mode.

        To activate, just do transaction OYEB again.

Hope this helps someone else.

Denny Boynton
Interim EDI Manager
M/A-COM, Inc