Hi all,

First, I want to say what an awesome list-serv this is.  I have received a
lot of valuable information that has helped us make what appeared to be
difficult decisions.  Again, I come asking for advice/norms.

We plan to pay our suppliers via an 820 to our bank.  Via a system
previously installed, daily we dial out to our bank and get our bank account
activity that is used to electronically reconcile the account.  In setting
up our 820 payment transactions with our bank, we found out that the EDI
transactions will appear in our account activity as one lump sum for the
day.  In other words, if we pay 3 suppliers each $100, our account will show
just one debit amount of $300 instead of 3 individual $100 debit amounts.
If all works well, this will be okay.  However, we all know that this is
never real-world.

My question is, do any of you have to deal with this also?  Is this the way
your bank activity is reflected?  How do you reconcile the detail if there
is a problem (say a supplier has closed their bank account and the payment
is returned)??  If you do get the detail information and you are happy with
your service, what is your bank??

Thanks in advance!!!
Debbie Shaver