If your email system is sophisticated enuf to provide OOO responses, it is probably also spiffy enuf to *not* respond to emails coming from certain senders.

I use Outlook (not Express, but I'm sure it's similar).  From the main menu I choose Tools, then select Out of Office Assistant.  Create your OOO message, then click "Add Rule".  Follow the instructions to set up a rule stating something to the effect of
1 - check inbound mail
2 - when it's from [EMAIL PROTECTED]
3 - perform the following action(s): move it to folder named nnnnnn (this is what I do, ymmv) AND (here's the important part) "do not process subsequent rules".  Make sure that this is the first rule applied to inbound messages, and you're ice!

Susan Carley Oliver
1500 SW Park Avenue, #229
Portland, OR  97201
503.243.5553