I am consulting for a company that is installing a new translator.  The old
translator is running on an MVS mainframe. They want to put the new one on a
UNIX box but they want the communication to stay on the mainframe and they also
want the files to go through a couple of steps (both inbound and outbound) on
the mainframe and they are relying on a ftp (inhouse version) to send the files
back and forth on the mainframe and then to and from the UNIX box.  This
internal ftp, I was told, is one that does not send but, at the earliest every
15 to 20 minutes.  O.K. so having said all of this, the stupid part is my client
wants a 30 minute turn around!!!!!

Well, not to burst your bubble but that is, in my opinion a valid complaint.
the end users should tell you what to and what not to map in the out put of the
EDI document.

=->The best one for me is form the internal people who call their edi
=->department to let you know they don't like something on the order.
=->
=->

Anthony Whitehead
Technology Enablement