William,

Surely you know that this isn't a case of "just wanting to have them too"
but rather part of the ongoing effort to keep the two standards aligned
functionally. This also includes the binary segment in X12 and the package
in EDIFACT as well as the Associated Data transaction  set. Shame on you!

Rachel

Since EDIFACT had repeating data elements, X12 just had to have them
also!  So in 004020, ISA11 became the placeholder for the single
character Repetition Separator;  the ISA has always had provision for a
composite data element separator in ISA16 D.E. I15 Component Element
Separator long before there were any composite data elements, first
introduced in 003030.  If you send any transaction set which uses
segments with repeating data elements, you will have to use an ISA with
"00402" or newer in ISA12 D.E. I11 Interchange Control Version Number.

William J. Kammerer
FORESIGHT Corp.
4950 Blazer Memorial Pkwy.
Dublin, OH USA 43017-3305