Dave

Although we were not listed on your original email (other major VAN's
weren't included as well), I will attempt to answer your question, in part.

As a VAN ourselves, I am confused by your question.  If you are an employee
of a company interested in sending data via the internet (an ISP) to another
company that is a customer of a VAN, you would not "interconnect" data.  In
order to get set up to send data to that VAN via the internet, just call
that VAN's customer service (go to the web and look at each VAN's web site).
The internet is just another transport medium.

If you are an employee of an internet VAN (hiding behind a hotmail email
address), then you need to call each VAN's customer service (again, look at
each VAN's web site for that information) to request an interconnect.  We,
like most VAN's would prefer that you use mailbags to exchange data.  We
monitor the responses to those mailbags and contact the other VAN's when we
do not receive a proper acknowledgement.  So we would need contact
information (24 x 7) in case of any issues.

You did not mention how you were going to use the internet to communicate.
Just curious.  Will it be via email, http, FTP?  Will you use encryption?

If you have any questions, let me know, or look at our web site.

Doug

Doug Anderson
Assistant Vice President Sales Support
Kleinschmidt Inc.