From: "Test, Brian"
Sent: Friday, September 15, 2000 9:32 AM
Subject: Is anyone else having the same Sterling Issues?

Hi All,

We are using a frame-relay connection using FTP to Sterling, and we've been
having a problem of late with getting data to our customers through
Sterling, and I was wondering if anyone else has this problem, and could
advise.

Here's the story: When we send data out to Sterling, our communication audit
reports will show that transfer is complete.  You would think that
everything is going great.  However, after a couple of days we would get a
call from our customer(s) asking where our ASN is, or if I'm lucky enough, I
will spot it on our delinquent FA report before they call.

After doing some initial investigation with Sterling it appears that even
though our reports say transfer complete, their audit reports may show that
the line was dropped.  Digging a little further, and after talking to one of
their networking people, he admitted that they have been having FTP server
load problems over the last couple of months.

I do not have a problem with servers going down and connections dropping,
but I do have a problem with not being notified about it.  The information
that I'm sending with is critical, and no one on their end is proactively
monitoring it as promised by their sales rep when selling us their service.
It is my understanding that Sterling is suppose to maintain all the systems
and connections on their side, so why no notification?

I hope that I'm not alone on this.

Thank you,
Brian Test
E-Commerce Analyst