Not sure what you mean by "will not play nice with Oracle database."

Oracle has a tool called SQL*Loader that is very powerful for importing text
data into the database.  It will read fixed format or delimited files;
multiple physical records can be combined into one logical record.  It is
quite powerful. I think sometimes we could skip the mapper and define
SQL*Loader control files to read the X12 format data directly.  Most
companies have their mapper create file output and import into the database
using this tool.

Howard Parks
1 Peter 4:10