From: jat [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, September 29, 2000 5:18 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: FIXED LENGTH RECORDS

VERY IMPORTANT. We are finding a potential requirement to expand field to
accommodate the X12 maximum fields lengths!
How does X12 handle fixed length fields?
Can trading partners agree on field lengths?
Have do implementators (mappers) accommodated the maximum lengths specified
in the implementation guides?
Does the K3 segment definition provide for fixed length records?  How does
this process work?